Friday, February 29, 2008

New York, New York

In a brand new city, it's easy to stand out. Since I found out that I was coming to New York, I've worried about people looking at me and pegging me as a tourist. I'm happy to report that I have only had a few embarrassments so far, but I've only been in the city for six hours.

1) It was not until after lunch that I realized that my fly had not been zipped yet today.

2) My inaugural ride on the subway of course had to end in embarrassment. The subway was coming to a stop at my station and I let go of my pole too soon only to fall over and knock a girl about my age to the ground. Did I mention I fell on top of her? Luckily she was very nice and told me that she had had the same thing happen to her once. Liar.

3) Leaving the Dean and Deluca's at Rockefellar Center I hurriedly pushed and glass pull door. I bounced off of the door and spilled my hot chocolate all over myself. Hard to recover from that. Did I mention there were people behind me waiting to get out the door?

All in all I've really been enjoying my solo day in the city. I think only the Subway Incident screamed "Please steal my wallet, I'm not from here!"

More to come!

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Oh my, Renee. What a way to start a trip. And while I am sure you were embarrassed, those stories are hilarious. Are you in NYC all by yourself? If so, I'm in awe. There's no way I would be brave enough to tackle that city by myself!

Hope all the boys are surviving without you!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to check out more stuff i just happen to know located directly below this post

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.