Molly Elizabeth

Benjamin Laverne
Samuel William
It has been just over four years since Renee and I did this whole baby thing. A lot has changed since then. For one thing, babies nowadays are born with a lot less appendages. Two less than Benny and three less than Sammy to be exact. I told the nurses before surgery that if Molly didn't have extra fingers I was going to order a DNA test. But after I looked at her I knew she was one mine. The resemblance is quite obvious. Now that I compare pictures she might look more like Sammy. But anyone with kids will tell you those unprofessional maternity ward pictures never do the baby justice.
I'm not sure if this is one of those different hospital things, but we didn't get a birthday cake for either of the boys when we were at the other hospital. It was quite delicious. The frosting was just right, not too sweet like a wedding cake. Mmmmmmm.
Sadly, there is someone missing from this picture. He would have been proud to see his grand kids play in a baseball tournament someday. Unless Juli or Jane have another kid. Then we could divvy up the grand kids and had them go head to head in a basketball game.The one change on the technology side of things is having wireless Internet in the rooms. Without it I wouldn't have been able to share pictures of my girl the very day she was born. Then the Mrs. of One Carbon Hill wouldn't have had that instant gratification of being able to live vicariously through my bonus baby instead of having one of her own. Is that completely off the table, Mrs.?
And these boys were no where near this handsome four years ago. They both had a pretty rough go of it in the looks department. They are strapping young men now for sure. And don't worry, I think Sammy may just be afraid of hurting Molly. That's why he is not interested in touching her....... we hope.
And for all of you ladies that are going to go to bed tonight with that twinkle in their eye, don't forget this picture. That is not a yawn, it is a blood curdling scream. I think a lot of us forget about that kind of thing after four years. Just think about that before you scoot over to crowd your man's side of the bed.And finally, some more pictures of my girl. This should get me off the hook for at least a week with the blog demands.










9 comments:
oh my goodness, is she not the cutest thing ever. besides the buddies, of course. i am the luckiest aunt in the whole wide world.
P.S. Benny holding Molly makes him look like a grown man!
I'm so happy for you guys and your beautiful family. Renee, you've done pretty damn well for yourself!
Great post. I can't wait to hear her scream!
Is number three off the table for One Carbon Hill? For those who argue that we should try one more time for a boy The General is quick to remind them that he tried that the first two times. Let's just say that I will continue to live vicariously through you, the Duffy's, and ABT in Pontiac (formerly ABC in D-Town).
This is a beautiful post, Tim. Your excitement and pride in your beautiful family jumps right off the screen.
Oh, and for what it's worth, I'll take that newborn baby scream anyday over the persistent whining of a three and five year old. *Shudder*
Congrats, you guys have a beautiful family!! Love the name Molly---enjoy your baby girl!
JD in GC
Thank you to The Mrs. I was afraid you were boycotting comments after all that facebook ugliness.
Congratulations, guys! Molly is SO beautiful! I can finally see some resemblance to Renee. Can't wait to meet Molly!
The VQs
Post a Comment